Guidelines for Contributors
- Articles and Book reviews may be submitted in English, French and Spanish.
- Contributions must be original articles, not published, nor considered simultaneously for publication in any other journal or publisher.
- There is no standard length: 6,000–8,000 words (1000-1500 in the case of book reviews) is a useful working target but where it is justified, longer or shorter pieces can be considered.
- Title, author or authors name, affiliations, full address (including telephone, fax number and e-mail address) and brief biographical note should be typed on a separate sheet.
- Include an abstract of 200-300 words summarizing the findings and at most five keywords.
- Tables must be numbered (Table 1, Table 2, etc.). Number figures and photographs consecutively (Figure 1, Figure 2, etc.). Each one must include a descriptive title.
- Minimize the number of footnotes. Do not include endnotes.
- Minimize the length of quotations. In case of quotations, referencing in the text should appear in this format: (Brunet, 2007: 15).
- References should appear in the following format: (Brunet, 1995), (Brunet and Spener, 2008) and (Brunet et al., 2006) if the reference concern three or more names. Use letters (a, b, etc.) to differentiate publications from the same author in the same year, (Brunet, 1995a).
Examples of references:
Agamben, G. (1995a). Homo Sacer: Sovereign Power and Bare Life. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
Agamben, G. (1995b). “We refugees”. Symposium, 49(2), 114-119.
Austin, H. (February 15, 2014). “Syria’s American born rebels pose national security ‘nightmare.’”NBC News. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/syrias-american-born-rebels-pose-national-security-nightmare-n29451.
Bhabha, H. (1996). “Culture’s In-Between”. In: Hall, St. and du Gay, P. eds 1996. Questions of Cultural Identity. London: Sage. Pp. 53-60.
Cartner, J. M. (2009). Representing the refugee: Rhetoric, discourse and the public agenda(Master’s thesis). University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle, WA
10. Use a recent version of Microsoft Word for submitting your article.
11. Use the following template to submit our article.